Friday, January 10, 2014

Mixed media

The theme for this project was to create a piece related to amusement using mixed media. I think I accomplished this by pasting different cut outs of carnies and glued them all next to eachother to make it look like one whole picture. For my mixed media I used water and tissue paper to create an abstract wash for the background. I also used magazine cutouts of letters to say carnival Friday to make it look like an ad and cut outs of pictures I printed off the Internet. Our visual journal lessons taught us how to use different and random medias and put them together in one picture without making it look like a mess. I think I took a risk by wanting to make it look like a poster because everyone else created pictures that had a scene going on but over all i like the outcome, I think it looks vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment